HBase >> mail # user >> Multiple region servers per physical node

+
Sudarshan Kadambi 2013-07-29, 21:19
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-29, 21:22
+
Elliott Clark 2013-07-29, 22:14
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 22:23
+
Bryan Beaudreault 2013-07-29, 22:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-29, 23:12
Re: Multiple region servers per physical node
G1 doesn't really make our write path much better if you have uneven
region writes (zipfian distribution or the like).
Lately I've been seeing the memstore blocking size per region being a
major factor.  In fact I'm thinking of opening a jira to remove it by
default.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Having a difficult time avoiding evacuation failures under concurrent read
> and write stress. Tuning helps but raises contention for CPU. This is with
> "interesting" heap sizes - 32-128GB.
>

> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Bryan Beaudreault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> wrote:
>
>> Due to the contention for CPU resources?  Or why?
>>

>> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> wrote:

>> > That's my experience too. Unfortunately it's less promising once the
>> > workload is mixed.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> >    - Andy
>> >
>> > Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet Hein
>> > (via Tom White)
>> >

> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy