Hadoop >> mail # general >> Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release

+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-06-17, 07:17
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-06-17, 07:36
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-17, 08:13
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-06-17, 14:15
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-06-17, 18:21
+
Sanjay Radia 2011-06-20, 20:44
+
Suresh Srinivas 2011-06-24, 21:07
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-06-24, 22:05
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-06-25, 00:28
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-06-25, 05:38
+
Doug Meil 2011-06-17, 13:21
+
Brian Bockelman 2011-06-17, 14:30
+
Jay Booth 2011-06-17, 14:37
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-06-17, 14:42
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-06-17, 17:33
Re: Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release

On Jun 17, 2011, at 12:36 AM, Ryan Rawson wrote:

> HDFS-918 and HDFS-347 are absolutely critical for random read
> performance.  The smarter sites are already running HDFS-347 (I guess
> they aren't running "Hadoop" then?), and soon they will be testing and
> running HDFS-918 as well.  Opening 1 socket for every read just isn't
> really scalable.

Isn't "random read [on HDFS]" and "smarter sites" in the same breath an oxymoron?
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-06-18, 06:10
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-17, 17:31