MapReduce >> mail # user >> Resource manager question - Yarn

Re: Resource manager question - Yarn
The reason is that you don't want a socket to the RM machine to be held up - we expect to have thousands of AMs running concurrently. Essentially a blocking call could result in a DoS attack on the RM.

Eventually, YARN will move to async RPC and won't have this quirk.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.