HDFS, mail # user - Re: Auto clean DistCache?

+
Abdelrhman Shettia 2013-03-26, 19:53
Re: Auto clean DistCache?
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-03-26, 20:44

All the files are not opened at the same time ever, so you shouldn't see any "# of open files exceeds error".

Thanks,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

On Mar 26, 2013, at 12:53 PM, Abdelrhman Shettia wrote:

> Hi JM ,
>
> Actually these dirs need to be purged by a script that keeps the last 2 days worth of files, Otherwise you may run into # of open files exceeds error.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Mar 25, 2013, at 5:16 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Each time my MR job is run, a directory is created on the TaskTracker
>> under mapred/local/taskTracker/hadoop/distcache (based on my
>> configuration).
>>
>> I looked at the directory today, and it's hosting thousands of
>> directories and more than 8GB of data there.
>>
>> Is there a way to automatically delete this directory when the job is done?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> JM

+
Abdelrahman Shettia 2013-03-26, 23:12
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-27, 01:00
+
Koji Noguchi 2013-03-27, 13:21
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-27, 13:37
+
Harsh J 2013-03-28, 06:33
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-03-28, 16:02
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-03-26, 20:43