Hadoop >> mail # user >> working with SAS

Re: working with SAS
Hi,

hadoop is running on a linux box (mostly) and can run in a standalone installation for testing only. If you decide to use hadoop with hive or hbase you have to face a lot of more tasks:

- installation (whirr and Amazone EC2 as example)
- write your own mapreduce job or use hive / hbase
- setup sqoop with the terradata-driver

You can easy setup part 1 and 2 with Amazon's EC2, I think you can also book Windows Server there. For a single query the best option I think before you install a hadoop cluster.

best,
 Alex
--
Alexander Lorenz