Pig, mail # user - Always seeing 0 in statastics after successful completion of PIG script

+
Darpan R 2013-08-14, 13:59
Re: Always seeing 0 in statastics after successful completion of PIG script
Cheolsoo Park 2013-08-14, 16:19
>> I am not understanding why it shows 0 even though there are more
records. Is it due to I am running on the local mode?

Yes, you're correct. Stats are collected by Hadoop counters, and Hadoop
counters are not supported in local mode.
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 6:59 AM, Darpan R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>  I've a script running successfuly on the local mode on my machine.
>  Last line of the script is store relation into 'xyz'.
>
> When I go to directory xyz and see there are part-r-0000n files, and when I
> open them I do see records in the form I want.
>
> I am not understanding why it shows 0 eventhough tere are more records. Is
> it due to I am running on the local mode?
>
> This is not a blocker but I would like to know the reasoning.
>
> I am attaching summary part for reference!
>

> Input(s):
> Successfully read 0 records from: "x:/path/to/input-folder/*"
> Successfully read 0 records from: "x/path/to/output/part-r-00000"
>
> Output(s):
> Successfully stored 0 records in: "x:/path/to/output"
>
> Counters:
> Total records written : 0
> Total bytes written : 0
> Spillable Memory Manager spill count : 0
> Total bags proactively spilled: 0
> Total records proactively spilled: 0
>
> Job DAG:
> job_local_0009