Accumulo, mail # user - Chain Jobs and Accumulo.

+
Juan Moreno 2012-07-16, 21:02
+
Jim Klucar 2012-07-16, 21:05
+
Marc Parisi 2012-07-16, 21:11
+
Billie J Rinaldi 2012-07-16, 21:22
+
Ed Kohlwey 2012-07-16, 21:27
+
Billie J Rinaldi 2012-07-16, 21:39
Re: Chain Jobs and Accumulo.
William Slacum 2012-07-16, 21:48
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-common-user/201203.mbox/%3CCAOcnVr0osRAwytaU7LT+[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E

It looks like the old API was given a second chance at life and is now
being billed as the "stable" API.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Billie J Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> On Monday, July 16, 2012 5:27:09 PM, "Ed Kohlwey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I would suggest spending the effort porting chainmapper to the new API
> > (mapreduce) since the old API will eventually be removed.
>
> I assumed that would be true since the old API was deprecated, and that is
> why we no longer support it.  However, the old API has been undeprecated
> since 0.20.205.0 and 1.0.0, which seems to indicate it's not going away.
>  Does anyone know what the plan for it is?
>
> Billie
>

> > Sent from my smartphone. Please excuse any typos or shorthand.
> > On Jul 16, 2012 5:22 PM, "Billie J Rinaldi" <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> >

> > On Monday, July 16, 2012 5:02:52 PM, "Juan Moreno" <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> > > Hi there, I have a use case where I need to use a Chain Mapper
> > > and/or
> > > Reducer. The problem is that
> > > the AccumuloInputFormat extends hadoop.mapreduce.InputFormat rather
> > > than implementing hadoop.mapred.InputFormat
> > >

> > > Trying to make use of org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.ChainMapper
> > > does not work because it requires the use of the mapred package. Is
> > > there a version of the AccumuloInputFormat which uses
> > > the hadoop.mapred package instead? Can InputFormatBase be rewritten
> > > with the newer API?
> > >

> > > Thanks!
> > > Juan
> >
> > I opened ACCUMULO-695 to add support for the old mapred API.
> >
> > Billie

+
Juan Moreno 2012-07-16, 21:49
+