HDFS >> mail # user >> Problems

Hi,
      I have recently installed hadoop-1.0.4 on a linux machine. Whilst working through the post-install instructions contained in the “Quick Start” guide, I incurred the following catastrophic Java runtime error (See below). I have attached the error report file “hs_err_pid24928.log”. I have submitted a Java bug report, but perhaps it is a known hadoop-1.0.4 version problem.

I am a first time user of Hadoop and would welcome guidance on this problem,

Regards,

Sean Hudson.

shu@meath-nua:~/hadoop-1.0.4> bin/hadoop jar hadoop-examples-1.0.4.jar grep input output 'dfs[a-z.]+'
#
#
#  SIGFPE (0x8) at pc=0xb7f2b1fb, pid=24928, tid=3074923424
#
# JRE version: 6.0_25-b06
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (20.0-b11 mixed mode, sharing linux-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ld-linux.so.2+0x91fb]  double+0xab
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/shu/hadoop-1.0.4/hs_err_pid24928.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Aborted
--
Ostia Software Solutions Limited, 6 The Mill Building, The Maltings, Bray,
Co. Wicklow, Ireland

Registered in Ireland CRO No.507541 This email and any attachments to it
is, unless otherwise stated, confidential, may contain copyright material
and is for the use of the intended recipient only. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender by return and deleting all
copies. Any views expressed in this email are those of the sender and do
not form part of any contract between Ostia Software Solutions Limited and
any other party.