HBase >> mail # user >> Export / Import and table splits

Export / Import and table splits
Hi,

When we are doing an export, we are only exporting the data. Then when
we are importing that back, we need to make sure the table is
pre-splitted correctly else we might hotspot some servers.

If you simply export then import without pre-splitting at all, you
will most probably brought some servers down because they will be
overwhelmed with splits and compactions.

Do we have any tool to pre-split a table the same way another table is
already pre-splitted?

Something like
> duplicate 'source_table', 'target_table'

Which will create a new table called 'target_table' with exactly the
same parameters as 'source_table' and the same regions boundaries?

If we don't have, will it be useful to have one?

Or event something like:
> create 'target_table', 'f1', {SPLITS_MODEL => 'source_table'}
JM
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-07, 22:33
+