HBase, mail # user - Export / Import and table splits

Export / Import and table splits
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-07, 22:23
Hi,

When we are doing an export, we are only exporting the data. Then when
we are importing that back, we need to make sure the table is
pre-splitted correctly else we might hotspot some servers.

If you simply export then import without pre-splitting at all, you
will most probably brought some servers down because they will be
overwhelmed with splits and compactions.

Do we have any tool to pre-split a table the same way another table is
already pre-splitted?

Something like
> duplicate 'source_table', 'target_table'

Which will create a new table called 'target_table' with exactly the
same parameters as 'source_table' and the same regions boundaries?

If we don't have, will it be useful to have one?

Or event something like:
> create 'target_table', 'f1', {SPLITS_MODEL => 'source_table'}
JM
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-07, 22:33
+