MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop hardware failure recovery

+
Aji Janis 2012-08-10, 18:38
+
Ted Dunning 2012-08-10, 18:55
+
anil gupta 2012-08-10, 19:12
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-08-10, 19:16
+
Harsh J 2012-08-12, 12:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-12, 19:07
+
Aji Janis 2012-08-13, 13:57
+
Harsh J 2012-08-13, 14:55
Re: Hadoop hardware failure recovery
Hello Aji,

   Hadoop's redundancy feature allows data to be replicated over the
entire cluster. So, even if entire disk is gone or even the entire
machine for that matter, your data is still there in other node(s).
But, we need to keep one thing in mind that the 'master' node is the
single point of failure in a Hadoop cluster. If the machine running
master process(es) is down, you are trapped. For more detail you can
visit the home page at : redundancy feature

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq
On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Aji Janis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am very new to Hadoop. I am considering setting up a Hadoop cluster
> consisting of 5 nodes where each node has 3 internal hard drives. I
> understand HDFS has a configurable redundancy feature but what happens if an
> entire drive crashes (physically) for whatever reason? How does Hadoop
> recover, if it can, from this situation? What else should I know before
> setting up my cluster this way? Thanks in advance.

+
Harsh J 2012-08-12, 12:45
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-08-12, 17:47