Pig, mail # user - Null values while loading

RE: Null values while loading
Olga Natkovich 2011-05-25, 23:57
This will happen with Pig 0.9. You can make it happen with Pig 0.8 if you provide type information in the schema of the load statement.

Olga

-----Original Message-----
From: Arun Chandy Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Null values while loading

Thanks for the quick reply, but my question is a little different.
I am sorry if i am not clear in my initial post.

I want the Pig script to consider E and F as null if the values are not present in the input line.

So basically all the lines should be loaded while firing :
>> A= load '$in_dir' using PigStorage('\t') as (A, B,C,D,E,F);

irrespective of whether any of the fields are null or not.

How can we achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,
Arun