HBase >> mail # user >> Unable to .META corrupt issue

Unable to .META corrupt issue
Hi,

I am unable to do any operations in hbase shell like put, get, disable or
drop a table. Each time I am getting this exception

ERROR: java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo was null or empty in -ROOT-,
row=keyvalues={.META

I did try offlinemetarepair and other things..but none of them yielded
results. I think .META or ROOT is corrupt.

How can I resolve these issue ?
--
Thank you
Kiran Sarvabhotla