HDFS, mail # user - Can I change the IP/hostname of the dfs name without data loss?

Can I change the IP/hostname of the dfs name without data loss?
Jianhui Zhang 2013-01-04, 22:43
Hadoop version: hadoop-0.20.205.0

My NN machine has 2 IP addresses and 2 hostnames assigned to them
respectively. I have configured "fs.default.name" using one of the
hostnames and used the cluster for a while.

Now, I may have to move the "fs.default.name" to the other IP/hostname of
the same machine. If no other configurations change (such as the
directories), can I simply change "fs.default.name" to the new hostname and
restart NN?

Thanks,
James