HBase >> mail # user >> Enable Snappy compression - not able to load the libs on startup

Re: Enable Snappy compression - not able to load the libs on startup
Perhaps the pre-compiled set does not work against the version of libs
in your ArchLinux. We've noticed this to be the case between CentOS 5
and 6 versions too (5 doesn't pick up the Snappy codec for some
reason).

Try recompiling them on the hadoop side (ant compile-native, etc.).
For a loose dependency set to compile the natives, see
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/QwertyManiac/BuildingHadoopTrunk.
Alternatively, you can also run the CDH build script under
$HADOOP_HOME/cloudera/do-release-build to get it going automatically
and producing a new tarball.

--
Harsh J