Hadoop >> mail # user >> DFS filesystem used for Standalone and Pseudo-Distributed operation

DFS filesystem used for Standalone and Pseudo-Distributed operation
Hi, I'm following the Hadoop 1.1.1 tutorial
(http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.1/single_node_setup.html) and I have
these questions:

1.) The Standalone Operation
(http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.1/single_node_setup.html#Local),
just to confirm, can run without any DFS filesystem?  (We're not being
asked to run "bin/hadoop namenode -format" for it.)

2.) For Pseudo-Distributed Operation
(http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.1.1/single_node_setup.html#PseudoDistributed),
where we are instructed to run "bin/hadoop namenode -format", question:
how do I undo whatever that command does?  I.e., how do I delete that
distributed file system created as well as remove from Hadoop any
knowledge of its prior existence -- do I have to manually delete files
with OS commands (what do I remove?) or is there some type of
"bin/hadoop namenode -delete" command that undoes the "-format" command?

Thanks,
Glen

--
Glen Mazza