Sqoop >> mail # user >> Both table name and SQL cannot be specified

Re: Both table name and SQL cannot be specified
Glad to hear things are working for you. To briefly answer your question...
Normally sqoop will try to use the column with the primary key to split by.
free-form queries can take on many shapes and forms (including joins) and
can span across multiple tables. As such, Sqoop delegates the
responsibility of choosing a column to split by to the user since it cannot
know which table has the correct column to partition the data.