Sqoop, mail # user - Both table name and SQL cannot be specified

Re: Both table name and SQL cannot be specified
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-12-31, 01:36
Glad to hear things are working for you. To briefly answer your question...
Normally sqoop will try to use the column with the primary key to split by.
free-form queries can take on many shapes and forms (including joins) and
can span across multiple tables. As such, Sqoop delegates the
responsibility of choosing a column to split by to the user since it cannot
know which table has the correct column to partition the data.