HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: Cannot communicate

+
rkevinburton@... 2013-04-22, 17:33
Re: Cannot communicate
Hi Kevin,

Since it seems like this is a CDH-specific question, I recommend you email
[EMAIL PROTECTED] where you should be able to get some help with this.
--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera
On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am on a Ubuntu server. When I go to the link you provided there is a
> hyperlink for Ubuntu but it seems like it is the main site. I tried
> searching for hadoop native but didn't get any useful results. Is there
> some other package that I should install using apt-get?
>
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
>
>  >
> It means what it says: that hadoop native library isn't available for some
> reason. See http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/**stable/native_libraries.html<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/native_libraries.html><
> http://hadoop.apache.org/**docs/stable/native_libraries.**html<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/native_libraries.html>>
>   <http://hadoop.apache.org/**docs/stable/native_libraries.**html<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/native_libraries.html>
> >

> Thanks,
> +Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/ <http://hortonworks.com/>   <
> http://hortonworks.com/>
>
> On Apr 22, 2013, at 9:58 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]<javascript:parent.wgMail.
> **openComposeWindow('rkevinburto**[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>')>
>   <javascript:parent.wgMail.**openComposeWindow('rkevinburto**
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>')>  wrote:
>
>  I was able to add the appropriate Maven dependencies and it "works". I
>> have one last question on this thread. With the added dependencies I am
>> getting the warning:
>>
>> 13/04/22 11:53:18 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load
>> native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where
>> applicable
>> What does this mean? Can it be avoided?
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Kevin Burton wrote:
>>
>>  What dependency for the Maven project should I use?
>>>
>>> On Apr 22, 2013, at 10:02 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<javascript:parent.wgMail.
>>> **openComposeWindow('yuzhihong@**gmail.com <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>')>
>>> <javascript:parent.wgMail.**openComposeWindow('yuzhihong@**gmail.com<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>')>
>>>
>>>  The exception was due to incompatible RPC versions between Apache maven

+
rkevinburton@... 2013-04-22, 16:58
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-22, 17:02
+
Kevin Burton 2013-04-22, 14:50
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-22, 15:02