Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Curator and queue recipe warning

Re: Curator and queue recipe warning
That is generally accurate. ZooKeeper isn't written to be a distributed
queue in the high-throughput messaging kind of sense. If you need something
truly lightweight and simple to serve as a distributed queue for a few
messages, it might work. But for anything that could see significant
volume, there's better options out there.
ZooKeeper is used to implement several systems that will serve this need.
Depending on what you're looking for, you might check out:
Kafka: http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/
Kestrel: https://github.com/robey/kestrel

Or many of the brokered messaging servers like ActiveMQ, etc.