HBase, mail # user - HBase type support

Re: HBase type support
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 20:34
On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Michel Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> So how do you check types in a column when the column isn't defined in the
> Schema?

In this proposal, it's not up to HBase to enforce types or schema, just as
it does not do these things today. What we're proposing is a set of
utilities that take the burdon of correct serialization off of user code. I
request that you please read the proposal in its entirety before commenting
further.

Thanks,
Nick