Bigtop >> mail # dev >> Boxgrinder is not actively developed anymore

Re: Boxgrinder is not actively developed anymore
I haven't used VMBuilder or imgfac yet, but I will check them out so I can
have a more intelligent 2c to share. I agree with Bruno's requirements,
although I think I can help get us around these two:

* Make it easy to customize images and derive new ones
* No manual steps

I recently hacked my way around Boxgrinder to add a few features, tweaks
and fixes, and having done that, I'd be happy to apply the same ideas to
whatever tool we end up going with (see BIGTOP-871). I suspect that no tool
will be perfect but that the basic principles are similar enough that we
could define a configuration and have it interpreted by various "back-ends"
(which is essentially what I'm doing already, with boxgrinder being the
only "back-end" right now).