Hadoop, mail # general - Release plans

Re: Release plans
Stack 2010-02-18, 18:54
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> What are the current plans for the 21 release?

Doesn't seem like there is much interest going by the deafening silence Eli.

Did it come up last night at the HUG?

> The roadmap on the wiki [1] says "minor releases are made regularly,
> every few months." The 21 branch was created 5 months ago, and the
> release dates in jira for the various core projects have all passed. I
> know some projects, eg HBase, would like to get users on more recent
> bits. What are the next steps for rolling a release?

Taking a look at blockers -- assuming to make a release, we just need
to clear blockers and roll a candidate -- it seems like common/core
and hdfs have but a few but mapreduce has a bunch.  Too many.

Does anyone detect activity in the blocker issues?  I've not made a
review.  Perhaps someone already has?

St.Ack