Hadoop >> mail # general >> blog.hadoop.com

+
Milind Bhandarkar 2011-02-05, 01:57
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-02-05, 03:06
+
gaurav bagga 2011-02-05, 03:14
Re: blog.hadoop.com
Should we instead just blog things at http://blogs.apache.org/?  Lots of
projects have a blog there.  It should be easy to get one that permits,
e.g., any PMC member to blog on behalf of the project.

Doug

On 02/04/2011 07:06 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
> Yes, I'd be interested assuming the legal stuff doesn't bite me. :)
>
> On Feb 4, 2011, at 5:57 PM, Milind Bhandarkar wrote:
>
>> Hey Folks,
>>
>> Back in 2007, when I was part of the Hadoop team at Yahoo, and Hadoop
>> usage had not yet exploded, I had created hadoop.wordpress.com. Also,
>> the subdomain blog.hadoop.com points to hadoop.wordpress.com.
>>
>> Despite initial enthusiasm of the small hadoop community (i.e. 8-9
>> cubicles around my cubicle :-) then, there were no posts on that blog.
>>
>> Does anyone want to take it over and create something useful ?
>>
>> Please let me know. If you have an account on wordpress.com, I can
>> transfer it to you easily.
>>
>> Or does one need permission from Apache legal folks to do this ?
>>
>> - milind
>>

>> P.S. Whois indicates that some one called "Cutting, Doug
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]" owns hadoop.com, and so blog.hadoop.com pointing to
>> hadoop.wordpress.com is Doug's doing. You will have to negotiate with
>> him whether after the admin change, the cname still remains :-)
>>
>> ---
>> Milind Bhandarkar
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

+