HBase, mail # user - Re: row filter - binary comparator at certain range

+
Tony Duan 2013-10-21, 04:31
+
Michael Segel 2013-10-21, 11:36
+
Michael Segel 2013-10-21, 11:38
+
Premal Shah 2013-10-21, 05:42
+
James Taylor 2013-10-21, 06:05
+
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-10-21, 16:14
Re: row filter - binary comparator at certain range
James Taylor 2013-10-21, 16:37
Phoenix restricts salting to a single byte.
Salting perhaps is misnamed, as the salt byte is a stable hash based on the
row key.
Phoenix's skip scan supports sub-key ranges.
We've found salting in general to be faster (though there are cases where
it's not), as it ensures better parallelization.

Regards,
James

Michael Segel 2013-10-21, 20:05
+