Accumulo, mail # user - Tserver kills themselves from lost Zookeeper locks

+
buttercream 2013-11-04, 19:24
+
Eric Newton 2013-11-04, 19:53
+
buttercream 2013-11-04, 21:08
+
Eric Newton 2013-11-04, 23:52
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-05, 00:42
+
Eric Newton 2013-11-05, 01:09
+
buttercream 2013-11-05, 17:44
Re: Tserver kills themselves from lost Zookeeper locks
Eric Newton 2013-11-05, 19:01
Limiting the size of the New Generation can avoid long pauses during New
Generation collection:

"-XX:NewSize=1G -XX:MaxNewSize=1G"

And, of course, using the Concurrent collector, tweaked so it kicks in
early enough to avoid stop-the-world pauses:

"-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75"

Both of these are in the example configurations, so you may be using them
already.

-Eric

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM, buttercream <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Our machines currently have 8GB of memory, so I'll push that up and see if
> the error occurs again. Also, are there any recommended settings changes to
> the garbage collection that would cause it to be more efficient or at least
> less intrusive?

buttercream 2013-11-12, 17:36
+
Josh Elser 2013-11-12, 19:26