HDFS >> mail # dev >> Backporting HDFS-1620, HDFS-2197, HDFS-2314 to branch-0.23

+
Todd Lipcon 2011-09-09, 03:39
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-09-09, 03:42
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-09-09, 03:44
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-09-09, 03:47
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-09-09, 03:51
+
Tsz Wo Sze 2011-09-09, 04:03
+
Harsh J 2011-09-09, 05:54
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-09-12, 19:36
Re: Backporting HDFS-1620, HDFS-2197, HDFS-2314 to branch-0.23

On Sep 8, 2011, at 8:39 PM, Todd Lipcon wrote:

> The motivation is that the rename in HDFS-1620 touched most of the
> files in HDFS and will cause future backports to have a lot of
> conflicts unless we backport this one.

That sounds like a postive to me.  If it is hard to backport, then that makes the desire to go forward greater.