Hive >> mail # user >> Recovery process and tools

+
Senthilvel Rangaswamy 2012-07-18, 21:21
Re: Recovery process and tools
Your should run mysqldump and backup the database to a different
machine. This way you do not have to rebuild the meta-data. Simply
restore the database to a machine and you are done.

On 7/18/12, Senthilvel Rangaswamy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are using MySQL as the meta datastore. Let's say the db crashed hard and
> we lost all data. What is
> the process to rebuild the meta-data assuming the data on hdfs is intact.
> Are there tools available to do
> this ?
>
> --
> ..Senthil
>
> "If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
>  caught and shot now."
>                                                     - Douglas Adams.

+
Senthilvel Rangaswamy 2012-07-18, 22:04