Hive, mail # user - How to prevent user drop table in Hive metadata?

How to prevent user drop table in Hive metadata?
Echo Li 2013-11-22, 19:36
Good Friday!

I was trying to apply certain level of security in our hive data warehouse,
by modifying access mode of directories and files on hdfs to 755 I think
it's good enough for a new user to remove data, however the user still can
drop the table definition in hive cli, seems the "revoke" doesn't help
much, is there any way to prevent this?
Thanks,
Echo
+
Richard Nadeau 2013-11-22, 20:39
+
Biswajit Nayak 2013-11-22, 19:45
+
simon.2.thompson@... 2013-11-22, 19:49
+
Biswajit Nayak 2013-11-22, 19:51
+
Alan Gates 2013-11-22, 20:53
+
simon.2.thompson@... 2013-11-22, 20:55
+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2013-11-22, 22:36
+
Echo Li 2013-11-22, 23:06
+
Xiu Guo 2013-11-22, 23:11
+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2013-11-23, 00:25
+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-12-01, 06:00
+
Nitin Pawar 2013-11-22, 20:04