Avro, mail # dev - Re: Transient position in Schema.Field - 2014-03-05, 02:21

Re: Transient position in Schema.Field
Hi,

Per git blame, the change that introduced the transient keyword is
https://github.com/apache/avro/commit/53aca6d7e502e83f1c38e8926ae671b026bd3872(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-601).
I cannot find any explanation as to why transient is required here from the
code or the issue discussion.
From as far as I can see, I believe transient could be removed.
C.