Avro, mail # user - Avro binary format to raw binary format

Re: Avro binary format to raw binary format
Grant Overby 2014-06-16, 13:25
Perhaps you’re looking for a ‘hex editor'?

An example is the linux & os x command line tool xxd:

xxd -g1 some-binary-avro-file

The output of hex editors is a human readable representation (hex notation) of binary data. This output is less ‘raw’ than the contents of a avro binary file as it has been alter during presentation for viewing in “ 0,1 A-F”.

Be mindful of Endianness while reading the hex output. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/est2014/logo_06.png?ct=1398192119726]

Grant Overby
Software Engineer