Avro >> mail # user >> upgrading to Avro 1.7.5

Re: upgrading to Avro 1.7.5
As others have noted, the data format has not changed and should be compatible.

The performance difference you note is curious.  I wonder if this
could be related to the following issue?

You could try the 1.7.6 release candidate to test this:

  http://people.apache.org/~cutting/avro-1.7.6-rc0/

The 1.7.6-rc0 Maven staging repository is at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-1000/

Doug