Avro >> mail # user >> Unions Only Allow One Map, Even If Values Are Different?

Unions Only Allow One Map, Even If Values Are Different?
Hi,
    I looked through the JIRA tickets but I did not find one that matched
what I just ran into - unions can't have multiple maps, even if each one
has a different value type?  Automatic-map-generation is the last feature
I'm adding to AVRO-457 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-457> (before
Avro -> XML conversion) and I was surprised that two maps, each with
different value types, could not co-exist in a union.  Is this on purpose?

Thanks!
Mike