 As mentioned previously I'm a JRuby-in-1.9-mode user and I usually just
work with the Java libraries directly. So this won't directly impact me,
but I agree that it sucks when upgrades break things. So I don't feel like
#1 is an option.

We could also investigate maintaining a single gem that just had two
implementations with in it, with the active one determined by the Ruby
version.

[1]: https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2013/06/30/we-retire-1-8-7/
[2]: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jruby-users/qmLpZ7qDwZo/J_iYViplcq4J
[3]: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/ruby-support#ruby-versions

-Sean

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sean