Avro >> mail # user >> Union resolution in dynamic languages

Re: Union resolution in dynamic languages
For what it's worth, I've taken, for reasons including the tricky handling
in dynamic things, I've taken to defining "unions" in the Thrift or
Protocol Buffer style.  Instead of "union(A,B,C,D)", I do
"struct(union(null, A) a, union(null, B) b, union(null, C) c, union(null,
D) d").  Note that this implies certain storage inefficiencies.  I'm doing
this in RPC-land, which the extra few bytes aren't bothering me.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Grant Overby (groverby) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]