Avro >> mail # user >> Avro Byte Blob Ser De

Re: Avro Byte Blob Ser De
I can't thank you enough for this answer.
I did almost the same thing.

In my case I was using appendEncoded(ByteBuffer) instead of append(Datum).

The string I was using was "This is a test string" and calling it twice.

With appendEncoded(ByteBuffer) :

I was able to get the data in the "result" byte array, in turn string but
still it was throwing
java.io.EOFException
                      at
org.apache.avro.io.BinaryDecoder$ByteArrayByteSource.readRaw(BinaryDecoder.java:940)

Output: his is a test string.This is a test string

(Yes the first T was missing even after I added b.rewind())

with append(Datum) :

Perfect.

Output:
This is a test string