There've been some requests to release Avro version 1.7.7 soon.
I'm happy to create a release candidate next week and call a vote.
I suspect there are a number of issues we might commit first.
The list of open issues set to be fixed in 1.7.7 is here: http://s.apache.org/avro177unresolved
If there are issues you'd like to get into 1.7.7, these should be
marked as "Fix for: 1.7.7" and as "Patch Available". These each then
need be reviewed and a decision whether to include them in the
Can folks please review "Patch Available" issues and indicate whether
they think it should be committed? A committer must make the final
decision of whether to commit each change, but reviews by independent
non-committers help considerably.
API changes in 1.7.7 must be back-compatible, and data format changes
must be both back- and forward-compatible.