Pig, mail # user - foreach in PIG is not working.

+
yogesh.kumar13@... 2012-07-25, 18:06
Re: foreach in PIG is not working.
pablomar 2012-07-25, 18:17
are the commas in your file in the write places ?
your DUMP A shows
(Yogesh 12,)
(Aashi 13,)
(mohit 14,)

comma after the number. It makes me believe that it is taking both fields
as name, so when you do the foreach, it keeps the whole thing

I mean, is your file (wrong)
Yogesh 12,
Aashi 13,
mohit 14,

or (good, for this case)
Yogesh, 12
Aashi, 13
mohit, 14
On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I loaded a file to pig by command from HDFS.
>
> A=load '/HADOOP/Yogesh/demo.txt'
> as (name:chararray, roll:int);
>
> its get loaded and when i do
>
> dump A:
>
> it shows
>
> (Yogesh 12,)
> (Aashi 13,)
> (mohit 14,)
>
> Now i run another query
>
> B= foreach A generate name;
>
> to get result only names from A.
>
> but dump B; hows the same result as of    dump A; i.e
>
> (Yogesh 12,)
> (Aashi 13,)
> (mohit 14,)
>

> Please help and suggest.