HBase, mail # dev - Major compaction on non existing table does not throw error

Re: Major compaction on non existing table does not throw error
Shrijeet Paliwal 2011-12-15, 18:05

> The downside for this defect is that major compaction may be skipped due
> toa typo by Ops.

Thats how I noticed this. We recently renamed the table name but
missed updating ops script which runs major compaction.
Result, no major compaction for last one month.