HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Unable to add co-processor to table through HBase api

+
anil gupta 2012-10-17, 18:04
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-18, 04:27
+
anil gupta 2012-10-16, 22:35
+
anil gupta 2012-10-17, 02:43
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-17, 04:44
+
anil gupta 2012-10-18, 21:16
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-10-19, 04:43
+
anil gupta 2012-10-19, 04:58
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-19, 05:23
+
anil gupta 2012-10-19, 16:07
+
anil gupta 2012-10-19, 05:31
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-10-19, 05:37
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-19, 05:40
Re: Unable to add co-processor to table through HBase api
Thanks a lot Guys. I really appreciate you help. I'll try this change in
the morning and let you know the outcome.

@Ram: Actually, i was trying to add the coprocessor to a per-existing
table. I think yesterday you assumed that I am trying to add the
coprocessor while creating the table. That's why there was a confusion
between us.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM, Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes you are right. modifyTable has to be called.
>
> public class TestClass {
>   private static HBaseTestingUtility UTIL = new HBaseTestingUtility();
>   @BeforeClass
>   public static void setupBeforeClass() throws Exception {
>     Configuration conf = UTIL.getConfiguration();
>
>   }
>
>   @Before
>   public void setUp() throws Exception{
>     UTIL.startMiniCluster(1);
>   }
>
>   @Test
>   public void testSampe() throws Exception{
>     HBaseAdmin admin = UTIL.getHBaseAdmin();
>     Configuration conf = UTIL.getConfiguration();
>     ZooKeeperWatcher zkw = HBaseTestingUtility.getZooKeeperWatcher(UTIL);
>     String userTableName = "testSampe";
>     HTableDescriptor htd = new HTableDescriptor(userTableName);
>

> //htd.addCoprocessor("org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.MockRegionObserve
> r");
>     HColumnDescriptor hcd = new HColumnDescriptor("col");
>     htd.addFamily(hcd);
>     admin.createTable(htd);
>     ZKAssign.blockUntilNoRIT(zkw);
>
>     admin.disableTable(userTableName);
>

> htd.addCoprocessor("org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.MockRegionObserver"
> );
>     admin.modifyTable(Bytes.toBytes(userTableName), htd);
>     admin.enableTable(userTableName);
>     HTable table = new HTable(conf, userTableName);
>
>     HTableDescriptor tableDescriptor > admin.getTableDescriptor(Bytes.toBytes(userTableName));
>     boolean hasCoprocessor >
> tableDescriptor.hasCoprocessor("org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.MockReg
> ionObserver");
>     System.out.println(hasCoprocessor);
>

>   }
> }
>
> If you comment the modifyTable() you will not be able to see the
> coprocessor
> added.
> That's what I told in my previous reply itself like try doing this while
> createTable itself.  If you want to add it later then its thro modify table
> you can do because it involves changes the HTD.
>
> Regards
> Ram

Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-10-19, 05:54