Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> loss of transaction log

Re: loss of transaction log
The clients store the last transaction id that was successfully
communicated with the previous zookeepers. Every time a client connects
with a server it sends the last transaction id the client has seen. If the
server has not seen this transaction id, it refuses the connection.

So your case, the clients will fail to connect to the new cluster that was
started in a blank state.

thanks,
Kishore G