Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Fix a corrupt edits file?

Re: Fix a corrupt edits file?
Probably the last entry is partial or is complete but not terminated
properly. You need to hexedit the file in order to correct the error. You
can also pull HDFS-1378 and figure out the offset where you can put
OP_INVALID (0xff). HDFS-3055 implements the interactive recovery mode,
which makes it even easier.

Kihwal