Sqoop, mail # user - Using Sqoop incremental import as chunk

+
Tanzir Musabbir 2013-05-08, 17:00
+
Felix GV 2013-05-08, 17:46
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-05-08, 18:08
+
Tanzir Musabbir 2013-05-08, 18:17
Re: Using Sqoop incremental import as chunk
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-05-08, 18:23
Hi Tanzir,
would you mind describing a bit more about your use case? Is there a reason why you do not want your Oozie job to import all missing data?

Jarcec

On Thu, May 09, 2013 at 12:17:03AM +0600, Tanzir Musabbir wrote:
> Thanks a lot Felix & Jarcec. So it looks like, if I am running a Oozie coordinator job which periodically imports chunk data through Sqoop, before calling the Sqoop action I need to change the boundary query value every time. Like
> --boundary-query 'select 1,20' - for the 1st run--boundary-query 'select 21,40' - for the 2nd run
> Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again.
>
> > Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 11:08:05 -0700
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: Using Sqoop incremental import as chunk
> >
> > Hi Tanzir,
> > incremental import is not working in chunks, it always imports everything since last import - e.g. everything from --last-value up. You can simulate the chunks if needed using --boundary-query argument as was advised by Felix.
> >
> > Jarcec
> >
> > On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 01:46:47PM -0400, Felix GV wrote:
> > > --boundary-query
> > >
> > > http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.3/SqoopUserGuide.html#_connecting_to_a_database_server
> > >
> > > --
> > > Felix