Flume >> mail # user >> multiple agents

+
Ashutoshsharma 2012-11-08, 01:39
+
Alexander Lorenz 2012-11-08, 07:20
+
Ashutoshsharma 2012-11-08, 07:37
Re: multiple agents
Hi Ashutosh,

as was pointed out, one configuration will work fine.

There is nothing stopping you running multiple background tasks, but
that won't be possible with the service scripts that come with the flume
packaged in cdh, you'd have to write your own service scripts. But
really I can't think of a use case where you would want multiple processes

On 11/08/2012 10:39 AM, Ashutoshsharma(占쏙옙占쏙옙占시뤄옙占쏙옙占쏙옙占� wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have sources to collect multiple types of logs(mainly three types).
> Most of them generate at least two types of logs. That mean, a server
> generates two types of log. For my use case, I created two separate
> agents running on a server to collect the logs. I am running these
> agents in foreground using 占쏙옙flume-ng agent --n agent1占쏙옙 command, so two
> flume process.
>
> Now, I have doubt, should I merge these two agents configuration into
> single flume.conf file? If I want to continue to use two different
> conf file, then how can I run the two agents in background? Is there
> any known performance issue with any of these approaches?
>
> Please share your suggestions and thoughts.

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Ashutosh Sharma

> 占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占싸몌옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쌜쇽옙占실억옙占쏙옙占쏙옙, 占쌩울옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쌜깍옙占쏙옙
> 占쏙옙占쏙옙占싹곤옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙 占쌍쏙옙占싹댐옙. 占쏘떠占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙, 占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쌉듸옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占쏙옙
> 占쏙옙占�占실댐옙 占싹부몌옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙3占쌘울옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙, 占쏙옙占쏙옙, 占쏙옙占쏙옙 占실댐옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙求占�占쏙옙
> 占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占쌌니댐옙. 占쏙옙占쏙옙, 占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쌩몌옙 占쏙옙滂占�占쏙옙占� 占쌩쏙옙占쏙옙 占실댐옙 占쏙옙
> 占썹에 占싯뤄옙占쌍시곤옙, 占쏙옙 占쏙옙占쏙옙占쏙옙 占쏙옙占�占쏙옙占쏙옙占싹울옙 占쌍시깍옙 占쌕띰옙求占�
> This E-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright
> material. This email is intended for the use of the addressee only. If
> you receive this email by mistake, please either delete it without
> reproducing, distributing or retaining copies thereof or notify the
> sender immediately.

+
Ashutoshsharma 2012-11-08, 08:18
+