Pig >> mail # user >> Pig cannot resolve BamUDFLoader

+
Mehmet Belgin 2013-04-22, 21:06
+
j.barrett Strausser 2013-04-22, 21:20
Re: Pig cannot resolve BamUDFLoader
Oh, I assumed  that seqpig was a part of pig.

Replacing the "pig" with "seqpig" did the trick. Looks like the args are identical to those of the pig.

Thank you for your responses!

-Mehmet

On Apr 22, 2013, at 5:20 PM, j.barrett Strausser wrote:

> Looks like that loader is related to and available from :
> http://seqpig.sourceforge.net/
>
> I don't believe the BamUdfLoader is native to pig.
>
> -b
>

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Mehmet Belgin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I have absolutely no experience with Pig and limited experience with
>> hadoop, so please bear with me. We built a small hadoop cluster for
>> experimental purposes and installed pig with all listed dependencies. I
>> made sure that all of the jars are in CLASSPATH and env variables are
>> defined as docuemtned, but still getting the following error:
>>
>> 2013-04-22 16:50:08,770 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt -
>> ERROR 1070: Could not resolve BamUDFLoader using imports: [,
>> org.apache.pig.builtin., org.apache.pig.impl.builtin.]
>>
>> And this is the command we are running:
>>
>> pig -param inputfile=./bowtie_sorted.bam -param
>> outputfile=hadoop_bam.pileup -param pparallel=1
>> ${SEQPIG_HOME}/scripts/pileup.pig
>>
>> My google search for this error or "BamUDFLoader" alone did not return
>> anything useful. Which jar is supposed to provide this function? Any
>> suggestions will be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks a lot in advance!
>> -Mehmet
>>

> --