MapReduce >> mail # user >> HDFS compatibility.

+
Jane Chen 2012-09-14, 22:51
+
Harsh J 2012-09-15, 01:59
RE: HDFS compatibility.
Thank you, Harsh!

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 7:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: HDFS compatibility.

Jane,

Yes with a regular upgrade, your data will be available, not lost.

For doing upgrades, see
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hdfs_user_guide.html#Upgrade+and+Rollback

I recommend reading the process and text described in the section
"Upgrades" (under Maintenance), page 316 | Chapter 10: "Administering
Hadoop" of Tom White's 2nd Edition of Hadoop: The Definitive Guide.

HTH.

--
Harsh J