HBase, mail # user - Reg:delete performance on HBase table

+
Manoj Babu 2012-12-05, 13:13
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-05, 13:31
+
Doug Meil 2012-12-05, 15:46
+
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-05, 18:14
+
Manoj Babu 2012-12-06, 03:14
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-06, 04:35
+
Manoj Babu 2012-12-06, 06:44
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-06, 05:15
Re: Reg:delete performance on HBase table
Anoop John 2012-12-05, 14:17
Hi Manoj
                Can u tell more abt your use case..  You know the rowkey
range which needs to be deleted?  (all the rowkeys) Or is it like based on
some condition you want to delete a set of rows?  Which version of HBase
you are using?

HBASE-6284 provided some performance improvement in case of delete ( batch
of rows deleted)
Also I have provided one sample implementation of Endpoint for the bulk
deletion ( which might be useful for the 2nd use case I mentioned above) in
JIRA HBASE-6942

-Anoop-

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 7:01 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Hi Manoj,
>
> Delete in HBase is like a put.
>
> If you want to delete the entire table (drop) then it will be very
> fast. My test table has 100M rows and it's taking few seconds to
> delete (one CF and one C only). But if you want to delete the rows one
> by one (like 190M rows out of more) then it's like doing 190M puts.
>
> HTH.
>
> JM
>
> 2012/12/5, Manoj Babu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am having doubt on delete performance inHBase table.
> >
> > I have 190 million rows in oracle table it hardly took 4hours to delete
> it,
> > If i am having the same 190 million rows in HBase table how much time by
> > approx Hbase will take to delete the rows(based on row key range) and
> > how internally HBase handles delete?
> >

> > Thanks in advance!
> > Cheers!
> > Manoj.