MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Viewing snappy compressed files

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-21, 16:46
+
bejoy.hadoop@... 2013-05-21, 16:51
Re: Viewing snappy compressed files
I haven't tried this with snappy , but you can try using hadoop fs -text
<path>
On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Robert Rapplean <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hey, there. My Google skills have failed me, and I hope someone here can
> point me in the right direction.****
>
> ** **
>
> We’re storing data on our Hadoop cluster in Snappy compressed format. When we pull a raw file down and try to read it, however, the Snappy libraries don’t know how to read the files. They tell me that the stream is missing the snappy identifier. I tried inserting 0xff 0x06 0x00 0x00 0x73 0x4e 0x61 0x50 0x70 0x59 into the beginning of the file, but that didn’t do it.
>
> Can someone point me to resources for figuring out how to uncompress these files without going through Hadoop?****
>
> ** **

> Robert Rapplean****
>
> Senior Software Engineer****