Hive >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive

+
Alan Gates 2012-11-02, 20:52
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-05, 04:35
+
Alan Gates 2012-11-06, 17:55
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-07, 04:06
+
Alan Gates 2012-11-12, 17:02
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-15, 06:22
+
Alan Gates 2012-12-03, 23:22
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-12-13, 19:59
Re: [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive
Thanks for reviving this thread. Reviewing the comments everyone seems
to agree HCatalog makes sense as a Hive subproject. I think that's
great news for the Hadoop community.

The discussion seems to have turned to one of committer permissions. I
agree with the Hive folks sentiment that its something that must be
earned. That said, I've found it challenging at times getting patches
into Hive that would help earn taking on a hive committer
responsibility.

Proposal: if a couple hive committers can volunteer to be hcat
shepherds, we can work with the shepherds when making hive changes in
a timely manor. Conversely, we can help shepherd any hive committers
who are interested in working more with hcat. There are certainly
benefits to cross-committership, and this approach could help each
other build a history of meaningful contributions and earn the
privilege & responsibility of being committers.

Thoughts?

--travis

+
Namit Jain 2012-12-14, 03:59