Kafka >> mail # user >> since flushes are batched, is it still io intensive?

since flushes are batched, is it still io intensive?
I was thinking (and after doing some tests on dedicated and ec2), would you
still say kafka is io intensive?

Considering writes are batched every x seconds, and you have a single kafka
server on a given instance, and consumers are just streaming the data in
sequential order (the disk head isn't jumping around), is it safe to say
kafka isn't that io intensive to the point that running it on ec2 should be
just as good as dedicated hardware?

I was getting pretty good results on ec2 so this thought came to me...