Hadoop, mail # user - Hadoop client jar dependencies

Re: Hadoop client jar dependencies
Owen O'Malley 2011-03-02, 06:37
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:33 AM, Bryan Keller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am writing an application that submits job jar files to the job tracker.
> The application writes some files to HDFS among other things before
> triggering the job. I am using the hadoop-core library in the Maven central
> repository. Unfortunately this library has several dependencies that I don't
> believe I need for a client application, such as Jasper, Jetty, and such. Is
> there a list of the jar files needed for developing Hadoop client
> applications? Or alternatively, a list of jar files only needed when running
> the Hadoop server processes?
We should filter the dependencies. In theory to get the client jar
dependencies, you should use:

% hadoop classpath

unfortunately, currently that returns both the server and client jars.

-- Owen